Ri energy efficient products use the Ri charging process developed by battery charging specialists, Fronius. They are cost effective, conserve resources, allow a much longer battery service life and provide maximum energy efficiency.
The Ri charging process is currently the best technology available for lead-acid traction batteries. It’s unique characteristic is that the process adapts to the requirements of each individual battery to ensure optimum energy efficiency and an extended battery life.
50 Hz vs HF vs Ri
50 Hz transformer technology is still used extensively to charge lead-acid traction batteries but the efficiency of systems relying on this technology is extremely low.
Power loss leave device efficiency at about the 80% mark, while charging efficiency is around 70%, giving a total efficiency figure of approximately 56%. This means that around 44% of the energy used to fully charge a battery is lost.
Battery charging systems using inverter or HF technology are more intelligent, as they check the battery and monitor the charging process from beginning to end, however partly due to the high charging losses at the beginning of the charging process and overcharging at the end mean that the total efficiency is still only around 68%.
The Ri charging process on the other hand determines the condition of a battery based on its effective inner resistance (Ri) and the charging characteristic is adapted accordingly.
Age, temperature and state of charge can all affect a battery’s resistance so every charging cycle is different and has its own unique characteristic.
With Ri technology, the battery only receives as much current as it actually needs in the charging phase, reducing both energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions significantly.
Charging losses at the start and during the recharging phase are almost completely eliminated. The charging efficiency of the Ri charging process is 90%, the device efficiency is 93% and so the total efficiency is approximately 84% - a huge improvement on both 50 Hz and HF technology.
Another advantage of the RI charging process is that warming during charges is decreased, reducing damage to the battery, lengthening its useful life and saving you money. The gentler charging process also avoids overcharging which accelerates battery contamination, increases water consumption and also results in the build-up of hazardous oxyhydrogen.
Benefits of RI Energy Efficient Chargers
- More efficient power consumption = lower running costs
- Damage to batteries is reduced = lower maintenance costs
- Less water consumption = lower running costs
- Improved ventilation system = less build-up of hazardous oxyhydrogen
- Flexibility to charge different types of batteries (12v, 24v, 36v, 48v, 72v and 80v) = lower operating costs (as the same charger can be used for more than one type of battery)
- Standardised charging technology = simpler business processes and ability to grow with less equipment
- Smaller in size and lower in weight than equivalent standard charger
- Increased user friendliness
- Improved service and system monitoring
Find out more about Ri energy efficiency in Fronius Battery Chargers.
Get in touch today!
WHY ECOBAT FOR RI CHARGERS
- Lower running and maintenance costs.
- Charge 12v, 24v, 36v, 48v, 72v and 80v batteries with the the same charger.
- We are the UK’s largest independent supplier of industrial power product and services.
- Our network of warehouses and engineers across the UK allows us to provide an Expert Local Service on a National basis.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
"Having used Ecobat for 99% of our battery and charger issues in the North East of England and Cumbria, they will try and get out the same day, if not, it’s the next day, very good quick service will definitely recommend to colleagues and other Linde companies"
"Ecobat provide an excellent service, often assisting us with tight lead times, quick response along with excellent products. "
"Lift Safe have used Ecobat for many years as our supplier of choice for industrial deep cycle batteries. Their service & delivery is second to none."
"We have received only positive feedback on the new Rapid Charge batteries. Thanks to the short recharge time our customers receive greater productivity from their equipment."
"Fast response rate, quality work & products, highly skilled engineers and a great customer services team. These are only some of the reasons why we have had such a longstanding relationship with Ecobat. "
How Ri Technology Works
The Ecobat Promise
We provide our customers with specialist on-site industrial battery advice, a wide choice of industrial power storage products and a single source for battery installation, maintenance and repair.