One of the technological developments that every big business enjoys and benefits from is the forklift truck. Every model of forklift might have unique advantages and maybe some disadvantages; however, choosing the right one for your businesses a matter that should be carefully considered in terms of safety and productivity.
Reasons to go Electric
Electric forklifts are a great choice for your business they offer your employees a nice and clean environment to work in, with a reduction in fumes and noise. Here are some of the main benefits of going electric.
- Electric forklift trucks have quite a low performance reduction over time when compared to other types of forklifts. Therefore, lots of savings can be made.
- Even if it might cost more at first, money can be saved in the future, as you will not have to buy fuel and running costs are often reduced.
- Because it’s powered by battery, the only costs will be spent on recharging, maintaining and topping up the battery.
- Electric forklifts are a great choice when it comes to smaller facilities, as their height is lower than 2 meters. It can easily pass through doorways – and therefore, it is easier to maneuver, due to its small turning radius.
- These machines are quite reliable, as longer service intervals and low routine maintenance costs are involved.
- Benefits of this machine also include reduced costs and health and safety risks, as no need for fuel storage needs to be thought of.
- Apart from the benefits above, an electric forklift will make less noise in the workplace – which is definitely an advantage for your employees.
- Because it has a lower center of gravity, an electric forklift truck will have a higher capacity rating and increased stability.
- Emissions are also something that you wouldn’t need to worry about.
As you can see, these nine benefits are definitely something that you should consider when deciding on whether to invest in an Electric Forklift Truck for your business.